After School Plus is a safe, adult supervised program where your child can enjoy indoor and outdoor activities. Time for homework and reading is available and a healthy snack is provided.
Call the Elementary Office, 674-7336, for additional information.
Who is eligible to attend After School Plus? SE Students Grades K - 5
Where is ASP? S-E Elementary School - Room 110
When? Monday through Friday when school is in full day session
Hours: 2:45 pm - 5:30 pm (late fee will be charged after 5:30)
There is NO ASP if school:
- is canceled
- is closed for an emergency
- is a half-day
- or if after school activities are canceled.
Parents are responsible for picking up their children at or before 5:30 PM.
Signing in: $3.00
Every hour or portion of an hour attending: $1.00
Maximum charge per day*: $6.00
Additional charges for late pick up: $1.00 is charged per child per minute after 5:30
*A reduced rate may be available based on income consideration.
Billing is done on a monthly basis.
Checks should be made payable to Sherburne-Earlville Central School or “SECS”
Direct Phone line to After School Plus Room 674-7373
In the event we do not receive a phone call of a parent's plans for late pickup, the following procedures will be followed:
- An overtime charge of $1, per child, for every minute after 5:30 pm will be charged to your account.
- In the event of chronic or consistent tardiness picking the child up, we reserve the right to remove your child/children from the program.
- Try to make contact with the parents for instructions.
- If parent contact cannot be made, we will defer to the emergency contact list to arrange for pickup.
- If no one can be reached, administration will be contacted at 6:00 pm and a decision may be made to contact Child Protective Services to report an abandoned child. Staff will follow instructions given by Child Protective Services.
- Parents will be informed to contact Child Protective Services for further instructions.
Behavior expectations of children
- Payments are due by the last day of the month the bill is received.
- If payments are 30 days or more delinquent, and other arrangements have not been made, we reserve the right to remove your child from the program.
- Parents are responsible for payment and overtime charges.
The rules are as followed by the elementary school:
Safe, Respectful, Responsible
Times when it may be necessary to remove a child from the program:
- There is a ½ sheet warning system and a copy will be given to the parent.
- Three warnings within a week and the child may not be able to attend for the next 5 program days scheduled for that child.
- Chronic problems are grounds for permanent dismissal from the program.
- Non-payment of fees
- Child is unable or unwilling to conform to program rules and program guidelines and/or all reasonable alternatives for behavior management have been exhausted
- Immediate withdrawal for blatant disregard to rules or extreme disruptive behavior by child and/or parent/guardian