April 23, 2021
Dear Students and Families:
We are excited to welcome in-person learners back to the building on Monday, April 26. In order to ensure this is a safe transition and that we can remain open for in-person instruction the remainder of the year, please remember:
- Masks must be worn, correctly, at all times while at school other than when students are eating. Masks should be two-ply, fitted, cover the nose and mouth, and be sanitized frequently. We have non-surgical masks available at the main entrance to each building.
- No one with symptoms of Covid-19 should report to school.
- Everyone must complete and pass the daily health screening to enter the school building.
- Along with practicing good hand washing, mask-wearing, and social distancing at school, we ask that staff and students also do their best to keep themselves safe and healthy at home.
- As a reminder positive cases are reported daily to NYSDOH and this link is on the district webpage. Moving forward, school messenger calls about positive cases will be limited to situations where a building and/or the district is required to move to virtual learning.
This pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. Please keep in mind that our counseling staff is available if students are struggling with social-emotional needs during this time. Additionally, the 3-8 ELA state test will be held on Tuesday, April 27. Please encourage your child to do their best work.
Also, for students in grades 6-12:
- Monday will be a Maroon Day.
- We will follow an alternating schedule (Maroon / White) for the remainder of the year.
- Fully virtual learners will be responsible for joining class synchronously Monday-Friday.
- Students enrolled in a CTE program at BOCES will return to in-person instruction on the 26.
Superintendent of Schools